Slow Laptop?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

angelSLACKER

i tried posting here & here but it seems that the problem doesn't lie there.. so i'm trying my luck in this part of the forum~ coz i really don't want to reformat my laptop.

it's slow during start-up... around 4-5minutes so maybe there are many stuff loading on start-up?! and it'll also go slow once i open an application when another application is already running~

Go and read the Viruses/Spyware/Malware, preliminary removal instructions. Follow all the instructions exactly.

Post fresh HJT and AVG Antispyware logs as ATTACHMENTS into this thread, only after doing the above.

This thread is for the use of angelSLACKER only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

does it have to be all in one day? i've done the others a couple of days ago with kapersky (online) scan, ccleaner, & ad-aware~

One of the instructions was to rename hijackthis, you have not done so.
It is important that you do as some spyware can detect and hide from its original name.

[quoted from your log]

C:\Program Files\HJT\HijackThis.exe

This thread is for the use of angelSLACKER only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Ok, no problem:)

ok, now i renamed hjt.. and by the way the 4 tools... i run the 3 during safemode and the Look2Me destroyer on normal boot because it won't open on safemode~

attached is the hjt & avg...

I can't see any problems in your log at all.

Is there any improvement is the speed of your laptop?

it's still slow during start up, i even removed the msn messenger, skype & googletalk start-up thing and even removed the user accounts & passwords so it'll directly open~ but it still takes 4-5 minutes to load~ i also did disk defragment several times already... uhm, what do you suggest aside from re-formatting?

Have you tried going to RUN/MSCONFIG/STARTUP and deselect stuff that does need to run at start-up?

well i did try to check that one & like i said i only removed the ones that are familiar with me: msn msgr, skype & googletalk (but i put this back again @ start-up)~ the others are not so familiar and i don't wanna deselect and ruin everything...

angelSLACKER said:
well i did try to check that one & like i said i only removed the ones that are familiar with me: msn msgr, skype & googletalk (but i put this back again @ start-up)~ the others are not so familiar and i don't wanna deselect and ruin everything...

Well I am not positive, but I think if its something the OS needs to run it will automatically start it up again at reboot. I know I have deselected all of them in the past and had no problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back