Slow Shutdown

Status
Not open for further replies.

vassil3427

I've had this problem for a few weeks, since my last reformat/reinstall....I think it has to be driver related..Ever since I did my last reformat/reinstall, shutting down my computer literally takes 5 mins. It just sits there and acts like I never hit shut down, the eventually it starts shutting down. I've never had the problem before, except right after my reinstall. I have updated to all the latest drivers for everything....This is kinda driving me nuts..

A couple times I've just hit the power button out of anger....:evil:

I'm running XP Home...

Ok I found this, I think it may be related:
Windows saved user BIGAMD\PC User registry while an application or service was still using the registry during log off. The memory used by the user's registry has not been freed. The registry will be unloaded when it is no longer in use.

This is often caused by services running as a user account, try configuring the services to run in either the LocalService or NetworkService account.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at

And this :

Windows cannot unload your classes registry file - it is still in use by other applications or services. The file will be unloaded when it is no longer in use.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

What do you think is holding up my registry...?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back