Smitfraud-C.Toolbar888 Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

NorGitram

I finished the 15 steps and was wondering if you could check my log files. The anti-rootkit test was clear.

Hi NorGitram and welcome to techspot. =)

I noticed that your AVG log displays 'No Action Taken' for all the files detected.

I suggest you run AVG again and quarantine the files. Pictorial instructions HERE. Do this after the following instructions.

You may wish to copy and paste these instructions on notepad for easier reference later.

Boot into safe mode under your normal user name. See how HERE

Next turn on "Show all files and folders, including hidden and system". See how HERE

After that, run HijackThis and fix the following entries, if found (do this by placing a tick in the check boxes beside these entries and clicking "Fix checked"):
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {35C6B266-D0C2-4DAB-8D44-B532ACABDCF6} - (no file)
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {5ED8A3DA-E85A-4105-955F-F99033F662Be} - C:\windows\system32\jiilmhkp.dll (file missing)
O14 - IERESET.INF: START_PAGE_URL=http://www.comcast.net

Close HJT.

Navigate in Windows Explorer and delete the following files and folders in bold.

C:\WINDOWS\system32\awvvw.dll.vir
C:\WINDOWS\system32\efcbabb.dll.vir
C:\VundoFix Backups

Reboot into normal mode and rehide your protected OS files.

Thereafter, please post fresh HJT, ComboFix and AVG Antispyware logs from normal mode as attachments into this thread.

Regards,
Your friendly momok =)

This thread is for the use of NorGitram only. Please don't post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Thanks for your timely response. I had thought I set AVG to quarantine.. the files show up in the quarantine list. This time I (Set all elements to: Quarantine), and left the action for each file to Delete. I hope this is right. Attached are new logs

Hi,

Have HijackThis fix the following:

O2 - BHO: (no name) - {35C6B266-D0C2-4DAB-8D44-B532ACABDCF6} - (no file)
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {4F1F2818-44E1-421B-90AF-1AFD0F4DDD93} - (no file)
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {5ED8A3DA-E85A-4105-955F-F99033F662Be} - (no file)
O20 - Winlogon Notify: awvvw - C:\windows\
O20 - Winlogon Notify: efcbabb - C:\windows\

Apart from that, your logs look clean now.

Delete all files in AVG Antispyware Quarantine folder.

Turn off system restore (XP/ME only). Learn how to do that HERE.
This will remove all the remaining nasties from your old restore points.

After that turn system restore back on.
This would have created a new safe and clean restore point for your system.

Often times, an infection can occur again not due to the incompetence of programs, but because of user habits.
May I recommend you to read this article.
This can help to prevent future infections.

Should you have any further problems, please post in this thread.

Regards,
Your friendly momok =)

This thread is for the use of NorGitram only. Please don't post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back