Sorting threads

strategic

Many times when I visit this site, I will search mainly under "currently active topics" assuming the latest posts are the ones needing help. Very rare do I go under various forums to see what's going on, so people who post worrying about whether they post in the proper forum or not doesn't apply to me.
Would it take a lot to change the forum to be able to "sort by replies" so we can also search using that method? Sometimes a thread will go unnoticed for a couple days or more just because at times, the forum will be overwhelmed with posts and it easily gets missed.
This may also limit the need to 'bump' a thread to gain attention.

Not that it's exactly what you're describing, but you can always click on Quick Links and then Unanswered Posts to view topics without replies. Quick Links is on the same bar as Currently Active Topics, Search and so on.

No problem. I think it's tucked away because there isn't enough space on that bar to accommodate it in the open.

Well, I was just thinking more towards the way the Windows Explorer works, you click on a column, and it automatically sorts by the column type, but this works.
Thanks again :)

assuming the latest posts are the ones needing help

If you have interest or knowledge in a particular forum subject, go into the forum itself occasionally. Occasionally a thread that has been started gets missed and you will see 0 replies noted. I've found them 3,4,5 days missed.

And if you want the most current threads at the top, click on your refresh button in your browser. That will sort them for you. For instance, if I leave the system on stand by, when I go back to the TechSpot tab, I click on Refresh- otherwise the most current aren't necessarily at the top.

Back