Sound and video doesn't work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

x0XxDualityxX0x

ok, so, I had a bunch of spyware on my computer and I decided too get rid of it, got 2 nice programs, but after I ran them, (I'm not good with computers so anything that came up, boom deleted, for I thought it was spyware) Soo, anyway! After that I can't play stepmania, ((which is a game that uses music btw)) It says, "Couldn't find a sound driver that works" I can't play any music either, on wmp (media player) It just skips all the songs untill they are all red... Oh, and anything doesn't play sound, I guess I should stop adding on, you guys get the picture, so I'll hit post now... Computer --->• :knock:
Me ^^^

I wish I wasn't stupid, but uhm, how do I do that one o.o

btw, where do I post for a direct x problem type thing?

:chef: <--- stupid chef, for leaving south park!!!

First, you need to find out whether you have onboard sound or a separate sound card.

You can download the free Everest programme from HERE. It will give you lots of info about your system.

If it tuns out, you have onboard sound(ac97 etc), you can get the drivers from your mobo(motherboard) manufacturers website.

If you have a separate sound card, you need to go to you sondcard manufacturers website.

Post you DirecX question in the Windows OS forum. If after reading your question, I think it would be better suited elsewhere, I `ll move it.

Regards Howard :)

Many problems, water lag is killing me :-\

This game, crimsonland doesn't work anymore these are the exact words
"no support display adaptors were found on your computer. You might not have Direct3D 8.1 compatible display adapter installed. Would you still like to try to run Crimsonland?" Yes, I'm not that stupid, don't worry, I installled it, and guess what with my computer luck, it didn't work!

---Ok, after the 2 programs deleted stuff, uhm, well, see, this thing from a loongggg time ago, I like to call water lag, everything on my cmputer is ok, but when I scroll up or down on something it lag's .. well. like water, or when I grab the top of something to drag it somewhere, it water lags.

You need to reinstall your graphics card drivers. Everest should be able to identify what card you have. Then go to your graphics card manufacturers website.

After downloading the thing, I got an error, which said I can't install, Luck of the... computers hate me!, Well, I downloaded from a dif thing and got it, (state that is)

Looked through it, went to multimedia, found I have this
Device Description Type
VIA AC'97 Enhanced Audio Controller PCI

Is this what you were talking about?

Yes, that`s onboard sound. Go to your mobo manufacturers website and download the audio drivers for your mobo.

P.s I have merged your other thread, with this one.

omggggggg, Remember when I said computers hate me? Well, this is a good reason, I'm getting errors to close down AOL, and I can't open that efferest thing, Oh, and for a while now, ctrl alt del has been disabled by administrator? idk what that means but whenever I try to do it, it pops up with that error, sry for not makin a new topic, i'm afraid my comp will mess up more if I start a new one, :-\ I'm going to restart my comp.

Wait, Before I restart, where do I find my "mobo"'s site?? I'm looking in the efferest thing, at the motherboard,, ugh, I hate technical stuff.

Ok. before we go any further, here`s what I want you to do.

Go HERE and follow all the instructions exactly.

Then, Open a new thread in the security and the web forum and post a fresh HJT log as an attachment, after doing the above.

This is because we need to see if your computer is still infected with any malware.

Yes, I wanted you to check your pc for anything nasty.

If you had followed the instructions in this thread HERE. You would`ve seen that the very first link, is the Trend Houscall scanner.

As for reformatting, that is upto you. It would certainly get rid of any nasties you may have on your system.

Well, I checked my computer, but like, I don't know where to find the results of what it deleted, do you just want me to highlite the whole thing and ctrl c it?

x0XxDualityxX0x said:
Well, I checked my computer, but like, I don't know where to find the results of what it deleted, do you just want me to highlite the whole thing and ctrl c it?

I want you to go and follow the instructions. Then open a new thread in the security and the web forum and post your HJT log after you have followed all the instructions. In this link HERE.

I don`t think I can explain it any clearer for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back