Sound card and monitor issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

wolfclanmetis

I am working on my buddies emachine not sure of model and I am installing a new sound card because the ondoard sound isnt working although windows says it is anyways when i put in the new sound card and boot it up the monitor wont kick on it acts like an irq problem but not quite sure any help or suggestions would be greatfully appreciated and very helpful.

thanks.

a little more info

I can tell you the windows version is windows xp I will see what other information I can get you I know that the sound card was ordered off of ebay and its brand new

here is the website with the pics and specs on the sound card
h t t p://cgi.ebay.com/5-1-Surround-4-Channel-PCI-Sound-Host-Audio-Card-CD-New_W0QQitemZ320263711662QQihZ011QQcategoryZ3701QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

drivers do me no good need to find out why when I put in new sound card It wont initialize monitor onboard sound isnt working at all is it an irq problem and if so how do i fix??

Oh ok I posted all your drivers for nothing :(
Anyway, no the monitor IRQ (or rather Video adaptor conflict) wouldn't cause this.
I'd say go back and update all your drivers (!) And remove the old Sound driver first, from Add/Remove programs (and Device Manager)
I'd say it's either faulty drivers, or faulty card

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back