Sound card problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I use VOIP or just record anything using my mic, everyone hears every sound I hear. This includes sounds from in the game I'm playing, music I'm listening to, and echos from them talking to me. An example would be me listening to music while talking on ventrilo, when I hold down the talk button, they will hear the music I'm listening to, but amplified to about twice as loud.

I recently purchased a new headset, thinking it was a problem with my old one, but I'm having the same problem. Is this a sound card issue, or just some settings I need to adjust?

BTW, I am using Realtek HD audio onboard sound.

I don't know about your sound card, but mine has an option in the Mic Advanced settings called Mic Boost(+20dB). When I have this option turned off, only something right next to my microphone can be heard. When this option is on, it becomes way more sensitive. I would deduce that with a headset microphone, this option should be turned off, if it exists. And also, the Mic's playback volume control should be muted so that feedback doesn't occur.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back