Sound Drive trouble

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wickedpuppetier

Ok,
I really don't know much about computers well, the interior part of it at least. But anyways, for some reason my computer (Windows XP/2002) won play music. I've tried downloading sound stuff online. But it still wont work. It says that the sound drive might be messed up. I'm really confused about all this. It would probably be easier if it was connected to the internet itself but it isn't. It's down in my room. I have already tried downloading some software unto my flash drive and putting it unto my computer. But it still doesn't work. If anyone knows how to fix this problem would you pleas help me? Thanks.

:confused:

-Jon

Follow these instructions

1. Go to start > My Computer
  2. Right-click My computer, then select properties
  3. In the properties window, select the Hardware tab
  4. Click the device manager button

properties.jpg

5. When device manager opens, check to see if there is any yellow exclamation marks present.
  6. click on any of the listed device then select actions from the menu items
  7. Click scan for hardware changes.

Devicemgr.jpg

The computer should detect the missing/corrupt driver then tries to reinstall it.

Also..

If this is a brand labelled computer (like Dell Hp or other) Please supply the Make and Model number (usually stamped on the case somewhere, or on the Windows OEM label)

We may be able to locate the exact driver you require, if Device Manager's auto install doesn't help.

Here's a quick way to Device Manager:

Start->Run-> Devmgmt.msc

Thanks! I'll try that! Ummm.... the computer is a Dell. Sorry I didn't mention that at first. I really don't know the model because. My computer was from my school and It was put together with alot of lose parts I think. Thank you both. I'll try it.

Thanks! I'll try that! Ummm.... the computer is a Dell. Sorry I didn't mention that at first. I really don't know the model because. My computer was from my school and It was put together with alot of lose parts I think. Thank you both. I'll try it.

Its a Dell... My suggestion probably won't work, but nothing beats trying. You may have to vist their site to get the appropriate driver. Kimsland is on the right track. He'll take you to the promise land.:haha:
good Luck!

Actually I liked your suggestion :)

I forgot that many Dell drivers are usually in C : \Dell folder somewhere

So it may already be on the system and also the inf as well

So don't stop yet ;)

Edit:

Wickedpuppetier , has left the building !

Ok,

Windows Edition Microsoft XP Version 2002

Service pack 2

Intel Pentium II processor

The model number is I think: V450

Its a Dell... My suggestion probably won't work, but nothing beats trying. You may have to vist their site to get the appropriate driver. Kimsland is on the right track. He'll take you to the promise land.:haha:
good Luck!

Thank you SO much!!!!

Will I have to go out and buy and whole new sound card? Because I don't have the CD that should be with the system.

Actually I liked your suggestion :)

I forgot that many Dell drivers are usually in C : \Dell folder somewhere

So it may already be on the system and also the inf as well

So don't stop yet ;)

Edit:

Wickedpuppetier , has left the building !

sorry,

The model number is I think: V450

Nope !
Dell V450 NANO Cordless Laser Mouse

Well it's probably on the Windows CD sticker on the side of the computer
Or the back, or somewhere ??? on the case

Still waiting for correct Model number (and another half hour passes by...)

It could have
But I thought generally The Dell Model number was imprinted on the computer case somewhere (the back maybe?)

I wonder if it's written on the board inside? Can't remember
Anyway, if you do open up the case, make sure power out and follow all AntiStatic precautions (just don't touch anything inside)

Nope !
Dell V450 NANO Cordless Laser Mouse

Well it's probably on the Windows CD sticker on the side of the computer
Or the back, or somewhere ??? on the case

Still waiting for correct Model number (and another half hour passes by...)

It said Dell demension V450 and it was actually carved into the computer

My above service tag number? Where's that?

Should I just download the driver unto my flashdrive and upload that unto my computer?

What should I do if it doesn't download the driver?

sorry about all the my questions I just wann make sure I don't mess anything up.

Thank you for all you help. Without you I would never have gotten this figured out!

God Bless!
-Jon

God, we're on page two now

Please go back and read my last posts, otherwise we'll over lap !!

Anyway yes that short number you said is this it, use EDIT to edit it out of your posts

Edit:

I'm going to ask Mods clean this thread up ! Too many posts in a row (Also I suggest not to continue posting to yourself (ie you may require help in future I suspect )

This is the edit button -->
edit.gif

On the lower right of all your posts.

Don't remove all your writing (that would be madness) Just edit out your service tag (it may be done I haven't looked back on Page1)

Also it's not "Blogging" This is not a Blog (although starting to look like one :haha:

This is the edit button -->
edit.gif

On the lower right of all your posts.

Don't remove all your writing (that would be madness) Just edit out your service tag (it may be done I haven't looked back on Page1)

Also it's not "Blogging" This is not a Blog (although starting to look like one :haha:

Oh....hahaha...sorry again

What's MODS?

I'm so confusified.

I've obviously never been on a site like this before.
This is SO embrassing

Are they gonna ban me? I have no idea what I'm doing. I just needed some help. Sorry if I inconvenianced you in any way

Why do computers have to be so confusing?

Dude! You've made 18 post in a single thread and most are one liners. Come on... Very funny! .:haha:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back