Sound/keyboard error in all games

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

I recently just purchased a new ASUS M50Vm-X1 laptop. This laptop runs Vista, and I've installed all my old games on it. When I try to play them, things run smoothly for a little while and then my computer speakers or whatever device is connected to my sound card starts to beep and the game stutters like crazy. Also, strange japanese/chinese symbols appear on the edges of my screen. I noticed as soon as I stop pressing keys on my keyboard, the problem stops. If I just control the mouse, the problem doesn't occur. Not until keyboard input does it start beeping/stuttering again. What could the problem be? I noticed this first while playing Star Wars Battlefront II and found that by disabling the sound card, I am able to play glitch free. I even purchased an external sound card thinking that would resolve the problems, but it still occurs when any sound card is enabled. I don't know what the problem could be. I would appreciate any help. Thanks.

For your older games which were probably designed with XP in mind, try changing the compatibility mode and make sure you have installed your game patches.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back