Sound Problem with Vista

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey everyone

Recently my sound for my laptop has stopped working, and I'm not exactly sure what has caused this. I've been looking up some solutions to the problem via google and none of them have worked. I've tried reinstalling the sound drivers, creating other user accounts, replacing the audiosrv.dll with one from a working computer and attempting to system restore although there is a problem with using system restore which renders it useless. In the bottom right of the screen the sound icon also has a red cross over it, and when I right click on it the mixer is greyed out, but the playback and recording devices are enabled.

I am currently using a Dell Inspiron 9400 with Vista Home Premium, a SigmaTel High Definition Codec. I've also tried to manually restart Windows Audio and Audio Endpoint Builder, but WIndows Audio comes up with the message "Windows could not start the WIndows Audio service on Local Computer. Error 1068: The dependency service or group failed to start" and Endpoint Builder comes up with "Error 0x80070002: The system cannot find the file specified".

Any help is appreciated!

can you please confirm if you have informations in your Device Manager (or EMPTY)?

Start > run : devmgmt.msc

Silvereye65 said:
but WIndows Audio comes up with the message "Windows could not start the WIndows Audio service on Local Computer. Error 1068: The dependency service or group failed to start"

this could be caused by disabled plug and play properties.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back