Sound Problems with BF1942

Status
Not open for further replies.

acidosmosis

I've been having this problem for a while now in Battlefield 1942. I get some static sometimes, and then all of the sudden the sound just stops and I get a loud shreaking sound which doesn't go away until I close BF1942. I'm using a Hurricane Extreme soundcard (at least until I buy a newer card).

There is a new patch just out, v1.31, that among other things has some sound improvements and fixes. If you don't have it yet, maybe it will help.

Hmm.. now I just need to wait for my BF1942 cd to get back from EA. I cracked it, lol, had to get a replacement.

I guess it should go without asking, but do you have the latest sound card drivers installed?

I had some of these problems too, but its been so long since i have played that game. I believe many people had those problems. First i would try going to the battlefield 1942 homepage, and search their forums for the problem.

I believe it had something to do with a sound option you could turn on and off in game. However, i thought that these problems only related to Creative cards, so i'm not sure....

Well, it's not doing it anywhere.. although I do get a little bit of static when the intro screen comes up and sometimes when loud explosions happen still.. not enough to really bother me though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back