Sound through monitor speakers

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a hp pavilion mx70 monitor with side speakers and usually they work perfectly fine with my usual harddrive but I have swapped it over to an NEC Powermate VT harddrive (hp harddrive had the motherboard die on me and i haven't gotten a new one yet)

Anyway, the sound coming through the hp monitor is really soft even though all volumes are turned to max. Is this a problem with the driver for the monitor or is it something to do with the harddrive? I'm really not sure where to even look to find how to fix this problem.

thanks,
jazdrew

when you say all volumes do you mean the ones in the volume controls in your computer or on the speakers themselves? what jack do have the speakers connected to on your sound card? in volume controls, if you checked there, did you turn up all the levers, including wave, line in , etc?

the speakers don't have volume controls.
the speaker is plugged into the correct jack.
all levers in volume control are at maximum and every program that allows a volume control is set to maximum (eg. Media Player, WinAmp)
when using earplugs plugged into the same connection that speakers connect to the sound comes through perfectly fine (ie. LOUD) so I can only assume that it has something to do with the speakers that came with the monitor when connected to this harddrive. (they work perfectly with my old hp harddrive)

maybe when your mobo died the speakers got fried??? all i can think of is to try it on another comp to see if they still work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back