Soundcard echo problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well its very strange. I think my computer is all gone to **** but i just dont know.

Every time any sort of sound is played there is a huge echo. This echo cannot be controlled only subsided when a song on WMP is played and then paused. I uninstalled Norton AV last night and that seemed to cause another problem, now WMP wont open or play any songs.

I have a SB Auidigy Creative soundcard and i just installed the latest driver but now i cant run the EAX console, it just says it has encountered a problem and needs to close.

Any help is very welcome.

Are you running XP or Vista? If XP, try running a restore. Ditch Norton altogether and get free Avast antivirus, CCleaner and Glary Utilities and run these to clean up your computer a bit before trying an XP restore

Check these settings

Do you have Creatives volume control on the task bar ?
If so open it and do the tests.
If not,put it there.Remove Windows in Sounds.
Disable effects.

Attachments

• Effects.jpg
    Effects.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 5
Thanks for the help lads.

I used those three programs but hasn't really helped my problem. Just like WMP, system restore wont start up at all.

And zipper, there are no tests that i can see. I partially uninstalled creative and dont have the EAX console. But when i did have it the effects were never enabled just like you have in the picture.

Im lost.....

Another point about WMP. I tried running in safe mode but it wouldn't start there either, nor would system restore and a few other things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back