Sounds Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi.
I just registered hopping I could get some help from someone.
I just Install windows xp in my computer, and I have no sound, when I go to "volume control" it tell me that I have to install it in add new hardware. I tried to do so but it tell me "the hardware was not installed because the wizard cannot find the necessary software"

this is driving me crazy, please help me, what should I do??

You need to install the correct drivers for your sound adapter. If you have a CD that came with your computer or sound card, the drivers are likely to be on there. If you know the exact make and model of the adapter, you can go online and download them from the manufacturer's site. To find out more information on the adapter, go into Device Manager from System in the Control Panel and expand Sound to view your hardware. There will probably be a little yellow /!\ next to the target device.

Besides the sound driver there are other drivers that you need to install as well. For example, the motherboard chipset drivers and the graphics driver. When you look in the Device Manager, you should see yellow symbols next to all the devices that need drivers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back