South Korea raids Google office over data collection

madboyv1

TechSpot Paladin
I will admit I read North Korea first, then thought "why would Google be in North Korea?" and reread the title. Incidentally, I think Google would have been more defensive if this raid occured in an area where their market share was much, much higher.

gwailo247

TechSpot Chancellor
Having seen this story on several sites, one thing I'm curious about is what is a "raid" and what is a "visit".

Armed SK SWAT team members with helicopters outside, or a group of men in suits, along with a couple of police computer nerds?

madboyv1

TechSpot Paladin
Simply showing up with a warrant and collecting potential material evidence is considered a raid. TV and movies have sensationalized it to the SWAT style forceful entries, which does not happen nearly as often as one would think.

gwailo247

TechSpot Chancellor
madboyv1 said:
Simply showing up with a warrant and collecting potential material evidence is considered a raid. TV and movies have sensationalized it to the SWAT style forceful entries, which does not happen nearly as often as one would think.
True, but I'm thinking with the richness of the English language a less forceful word would exist. I guess served a warrant would fit in the US, but who knows how that works in Korea.

So I guess no photos of Captain Lee with an axe smashing up blade servers, letting the a torrent of silicon spill onto the ground?

G

I wish governments of other countries protected citizens' privacy with concerns like this.