Speakers for the PC?

How do connect my home speakers to my computer? These aren't surround sound speakers, these are like DJ speakers and I know I'll need some type of adapter, I'm just not sure what it is.... or if the comp even has a enough juice to push the speakers.

You won't be able to push non powered speakers from your comp's soundcard. You will have to put an amp in line.

Its easiest to get a stereo plug that has Ys into 2 RCA female connectors. Then run a line from that (male connectors on that end) to your amp, at however it wants to accept. Then from amp to your speakers, again using whatever connections they use.

I've got a 100w Pioneer amp patched to my soundcard using Y cable adapters (see attatchment), you may need both depending on how far away the source is from your computer. It's worth the effort, your games and music will kick!

Attachments

• Yadapters.jpg
    Yadapters.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 10
You can get decent computer speakers (with built in amplifier) for cheap. $100 should get you a very nice 2.1 set. Check out NewEgg or a similar site.

dj set... do you use a mixer/powered mixer or such then through to the speakers/outputs etc? if so then you'd probably just need a stereo 3.5mm (or 1/8in - from the pc) stereo jack to 2x rca (or whatever you're planning to plug it to) example like the y connector aforementioned above, then plug that into a line in or an available channel..

if the speakers are self powered then you could possibly connect them directly.. i think the standards are either XLR, TS (6.5mm jack), or speakon connections... can you tell us what model/make or connections it takes? as well as how many of these you're planning to run (1 speaker, 2 speakers (L-R), 2 speakers + sub etc) and if it is running through anything/self powered..

Back