Spectre and Meltdown >>> should you bother to build a new one?

Larsenex

Well, here I had saved and was going to use my tax refund to keep Intel solvent with a new build at $1800. I wanted an I 8700K. I am resistant to Ryzen. So now what?

Do you believe you will be targeted and infected?

- Meltdown has low prevalence and if you have safe habits, update your OS regularly and use a decent security soft; chances you get compromised are very low.
- Spectre is too complicated to setup, need physical access to your motherboard, you won't be hit by it.

If you are not hurry you can wait a bit before purchasing any cpu and wait fixed versions. However since the issue, actual cpu's prices went down a lot. .

It is your choice. :)

Do you believe you will be targeted and infected?

- Meltdown has low prevalence and if you have safe habits, update your OS regularly and use a decent security soft; chances you get compromised are very low.
- Spectre is too complicated to setup, need physical access to your motherboard, you won't be hit by it.

If you are not hurry you can wait a bit before purchasing any cpu and wait fixed versions. However since the issue, actual cpu's prices went down a lot. .

It is your choice. :)
Meltdown can be as little as three lines of Java very easy to inject....specter is a different story

Back