Splinter Cell: Conviction Performance In-depth

Last known position is not a new feature by any means. The AI in Far Cry used the exact same search patterns on the player; Ubisoft has merely made this planned behaviour apparent to the player by using a sillhouette. Let's not pat developers on the back just because they say so.

SCC is not "demanding" as this very forgiving review states. The technical aspect of the game is just sloppy; poor use of CrossFire/SLI, poor use of multi-core CPUs, poor or unstable performance immediately upon release.

That's not demanding at all, it's just ****. That's the problem.

They said Last known position is new to the Splinter Cell series read the review correctly, they didn't say it was new to the gaming industry. Also look at those single Radeon HD 5870 and GeForce GTX 480 results, how could they not conclude that it was demanding?

@Guest, we meant it's a new feature for the series.

@Guest #2, we can't blame you for thinking that. It's not as bad as we've seen on other console ports, which this is not, but as mentioned SC: Conviction's game engine has been optimized for the Xbox 360 as the number 1 priority and yes, the game still needs some polish on the PC front.

I think it is a great game, especially with friends. I played through the story twice, and the story is good. Short granted, but the co-op story is pretty good too.

Am I the only that thinks that this game does not deserve a review? And its not really that demanding so... Oh well...

The game is good overall. But it's so repetitive, that the enjoyment dissapears halfway trough the game.

Am I the only that thinks that this game does not deserve a review? And its not really that demanding so... Oh well...

The game is good overall. But it's so repetitive, that the enjoyment dissapears halfway trough the game.

Move along :rolleyes:

i though 9800gt is powerful than 5670?but what the hell is going on?5670 beating 9800gt with those huge frame rates.is this game optimized for ATI or the ATI driver is updated for this game?i am furious how my 9800gt won't be able to play this game at medium setting @30fps.

i though 9800gt is powerful than 5670?but what the hell is going on?5670 beating 9800gt with those huge frame rates.is this game optimized for ATI or the ATI driver is updated for this game?i am furious how my 9800gt won't be able to play this game at medium setting @30fps.

They are usually quite close. For example in our last two performance articles covering Bioshock 2 and Battlefield: Bad Company 2 they delivered pretty much the same performance.

When I run SCC appears the following message: Nvidia gtx580 does not support by SCC... How I can resolve this?

Have you installed the latest drivers? I have never seen this message when running SCC with the GTX 580.

I am getting fps drops to 35 fps in open spaces on overclocked GeForce GTX 670 in 1920x1080. Same drops with FSAA 2x and 8x. How badly optimized is this game?

Simplex

[FONT=Helvetica]I am getting fps drops to 35 fps in open spaces on overclocked GeForce GTX 670 in 1920x1080. Same drops with FSAA 2x and 8x. How badly optimized is this game?[/FONT]
[FONT=Helvetica][/FONT]
[FONT=Helvetica]Simplex[/FONT]

Yeah, it's really bad. Using a GPU usage monitoring tool; you can see its usage is min. With a game engine that is actually optimized; your GPU usage should be 100%.

Back