spybot@maxt trojan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Help meeee
I can not seem to get rid of this bug.
I keep getting the System Alert mal. ware threats...specifically spybot@maxt trojan.
It keeps making me think there is a threat to me system only to lead me on wild goose chase of unwanted software.

I am using firefox, Symantec anitvirus, and some new junk called guardian antispy ware.

Do i have to switch over to windows to clean this up?

How does the hi-jack this system work?

I even put on a new firewall today..no help

I have moved your post to it`s own thread.

Very Important: Before deciding whether you should clean or reformat your system, go and read this thread HERE and decide what it is you want to do.

If after reading the above, you wish to clean your system, do the following.

Go and read the Viruses/Spyware/Malware, preliminary removal instructions. Follow all the instructions exactly.

Post fresh HJT, AVG Antispyware and Combofix logs as attachments into this thread, only after doing the above.

Also, let me know the results of the Panda Antirootkit scan.

Regards Howard :)

This thread is for the use of 47popnbot only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

You are not going to believe this Howard_h...
but now I have this Blue screen (I call it the Bios screen, even though its not), that pops up whenever I try to log onto the webb saying that my system has experienced and error.....something about F8...is it best for me to get a new comp?

I cant do a system restore right becouse all my stuff is in storage.
..this is not good

Normally, when Windows BSOD`s it writes a minidump file to C:\windows\minidumps folder.

Take a look in that folder(if there) and attach 5 or 6 of your latest minidumps to your next reply. You can attach the .dmp files directly.

This thread is for the use of 47popnbot only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

I will try it

Ok Howard, I am going to give it a try, the only trick is to stay on long enough without the system dumping any files.

Thanks for everything

I sure wish I would have stuck with those Strayer classes..darn

Try attaching them as per these instructions.

Start your new posting at TechSpot by clicking on New Thread
(or use Post Reply in an existing thread).

Scroll down until you see a button Manage Attachments. Click on that and a popup-window opens.
Click on the Browse button, find the .dmp files on your PC and doubleclick on it.

Now click on the Upload button in the popup. When done, click on the Close this window button.
Finish your message-text, then click on Submit Message.

You need to attach 5 or 6 of your latest minidumps. You can attach them all into the same post.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back