Starting from scratch, please check logs

Status
Not open for further replies.

andiejac

I still have some things that are being detected by my antivirus and firewall, and I haven't heard anything more from my other thread since I've run Combofix. So, I'm starting from scratch and hope that someone can have a look at the logs and let me know their recommendations.

First, I had an Avira scan (after the Combofix run) that showed the following, which I placed into quarantine:
The file 'C:\System Volume Information\_restore{129201FA-B0AC-49B3-96B2-DEB8B91E727B}\RP208\A0022794.exe'
contained a virus or unwanted program 'TR/Murdak.A.36' [trojan]
Action(s) taken:
The file was moved to '49ae97ad.qua'!

Comodo keeps blocking svchost.exe files.

There are A LOT of files in Malwarebytes and SuperAntiSpyware quarantines from all the scans over the past few days. SuperAntiSpyware has quarantined that says it's a malware installer in program files\wildtangent\... I assume that I should remove all the files in the quarantines? Or do I go about removing them another way to be sure that they don't come back in a different location?

Attached are the latest Malwarebytes Anti Malware log, SuperAntiSpyware log, and Hijackthis log. Please let me know what I can do next & how I can go about cleaning everything that is still left on my computer. I want to be sure that I am safe to start installing Windows Updates, etc.

Thanks for your help!

bumping request for help - see logs in first post.

bumping...

Please let me know if everything looks ok, or if there is still more to do to get rid of the virus(es). I want to be sure that everything is ok.

Thanks in advance!

There are a lot of infected systems- bumping a post after a few hours is not appreciated!

I haven't heard anything more from my other thread since I've run Combofix.
https://www.techspot.com/vb/topic120843.html

Please realize that we are all volunteers. We try to take the posts in date order. You need to be more patient. starting a new thread was not the way to go.

The logs are clean. Are the problems resolved?

My sincere apologies. I was unsure what the protocol was, and I did not mean to be impatient.

The Google search redirect is fixed. But it also appears that there was another virus that I was unaware of and did not notice any symptoms for. I guess everything appears to be ok for now.

I appreciate your help - this is a great service that you do! Keep up the good work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back