Static noise through USB headset during games

Marty9231

Hey everyone,

So I have a Logitech G35 gaming headset, which is amazing and I'd never want something else. This is my second one, since the earcup of my previous one fell off.

Whenever I play games (Currently Eve Online, League of Legends and Minecraft), any sound that is not the game causes extreme static in my headset. For example, during a game of League of Legends, I like to play some music and/or be on skype with people. However, as soon as I introduce any other sound than the game (so the music or skype) I sometimes hear extreme static noises.

I've sometimes thought it coincided with me pressing lots of buttons on the keyboard, but I wasn't able to reproduce it that way. I've also tried to see if it was the USB port, but other ports do the same thing. It reminds me of static noise, but I don't know how to check for this or how to stop it.

Please help, as this is extremely annoying and ruins my experience with this headset (or deprives me of my music during games!). I have the latest Logitech Gaming Software installed, as well as the latest Realtek HD drivers. If any other info is needed, I'd be happy to provide.

Do you have your Headphone cable close to other high powered devices or cables such as higher voltage or even lower voltage cabling. A lot of times you will have issues with signal bleed when it is too close to either. I see it all the time when I set audio equipment up for others.

If I use the port in the back of my PC the cable has to go around my PC, so I guess that counts. However when I have it in the front USB port the cable just hangs from my chair so it doesn't come close to anything.

Oh ok so it happens no matter interesting. I would also make sure inside of your computer case you have the fron usb cables seperate from everything else in your case. Another test would be to ry a usb hub to see if you get the same result. If not it can be a possible bad headset. You may have to exchange.

Also you can try another standard headset to test to see if it is the headset or computer or borrow a friends to test.

Back