Stop: 0x00000024 on Boot. Help Please!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stop error...done countless hours of research still no solution Please Help

Hi I am new to this site and have registered here to ask this question because after hours of googling and trying different things I have gotten nowhere with my problem. If anyone can help it would be clutch I have a lot of data that I'm trying to save.

Here's what happened: I partitioned my hard drive with PartitionMagic 8.0 on my Dimension 8400 (XP Home Edition). PartitionMagic asked me to reboot to finalize the partition, I did so and right after the Bios screen I get the Stop Error: 0x00000024 (0x00190203, 0x86979820, 0xC0000102, 0x00000000). I get this every time I try to boot, I cannot boot in safe mode or any of the options it presents. Same stop error in the same spot of the boot process every time.

I ran ChkDsk, it gives me something like "the disk has an unrecoverable error" I cannot reinstall XP as it doesn't even recognize any of the partitions, or the hard drive for that matter. I used a program called SpinRite, took 12 hours to complete and I have no idea what it even did but it didn't fix the boot problem.

If anyone can help in anyway I would appreciate it. Apologies for the lengthy post, but I just wanted to be thorough.

you might need to format your whole HDD completely, with a zero-write utillity like one you can download from your manufacturers site.

Chkdsk worked for me in Recovery Console

I too am running PartitionMagic 8.0, and did some resizing and copied the smaller partition on a new hard drive, restarted my PC, and got the Stop Error 0x00000024. Before having a complete meltdown, I put my Windows XP cd in the tray and booted to Recovery Console, ran Chkdsk (and for me, it said it made a correction), and restarted (well i also ran Chkdsk /P a 2nd time and it showed no errors).

I am up and running again THANK GOD. I just built this hard drive from the ground up. Sorry to hear it did not work for you.

0x00000024: NTFS_FILE_SYSTEM
(Click to consult the online MSDN article.)
A problem occurred within NTFS.SYS, the driver file that allows the system to read and write to NTFS file system drives. There may be a physical problem with the disk, or an Interrupt Request Packet (IRP) may be corrupted. Other common causes include heavy hard drive fragmentation, heavy file I/O, problems with some types of drive-mirroring software, or some antivirus software. I suggest running ChkDsk or ScanDisk as a first step; then disable all file system filters such as virus scanners, firewall software, or backup utilities. Check the file properties of NTFS.SYS to ensure it matches the current OS or SP version. Update all disk, tape backup, CD-ROM, or removable device drivers to the most current versions.

http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-gb/library/ms793935.aspx

that's straight off the aumha website...hope they don't mind the cut and paste. i give them credit anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back