STOP: 0x0000007B Error

I am attempting to build my computer for the first time. I am using:

MB ASUS | M5A99X EVO 990X R
CPU AMD|PH II X6 1100T 3.3G AM3 RT
MEM 4Gx2|GSKILL F3-14900CL9D-8GBXL
(USED) 1 TB Seagate hard drive.

I have completed the build, but when I boot the computer I get the STOP Error message

"A PROBLEM HAS BEEN DETECTED AND WINDOWS HAS BEEN SHUT DOWN TO PREVENT DAMAGE TO YOUR COMPUTER

IF THIS IS TEH FIRST TIME YOU'VE SEEN THIS STOP ERROR SCREEN, RESTART YOUR COMPUTER; IF THIS SCREEN APPEARS AGAIN; FOLLOW THESE STEPS

CHECK FOR VIRUSES ON YOUR COMPUTER. REMOVE ANY NEWLY INSTALLED HARD DRIVES OR HARD DRIVE CONTROLLERS, CHECK YOUR HARD DRIVE TO MAKE SURE IT IS PROPERLY CONFIGURED AND TERMINATED. RUN CHKDSK /F FOR HARD DRIVE CORRUPTION, AND THEN RESTART YOUR COMPUTER.

*** STOP: 0x0000007B (0xF78D2524, 0xC0000034, 0x00000000, 0x00000000)"

The hard drive I am using is from my old computer and I have reformatted it, check it for errors, and tried to re install windows but when it gets to "windows is running setup" it goes to this error screen. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I was using WIndows XP. I got Windows 7 and booted from disk and the computer works great. Just about every post I read yesterday for the same issue had one main thing in common, Windows XP. So if anyone else is having this problem, update your OS. Windows 7 is so much better.

What you will probably find is that you have a SATA hard drive. XP has limited drivers for SATA drives which causes problems when trying to install if you don't have the correct drivers to install during installation. Windows 7 has all the correct drivers.

And, yes Windows 7 is a far better OS.

Back