STOP_IRQL.., etc.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

I guess I posted this particular question in the wrong forum. Anyway, here it goes:

Before I go on - apologies as I know you all have answered these questions before, but this one seems to be a bit different.

I recently acquired a toolbar virus - surf side kick and 180 assistant - which to start, was a pain in the rear end. So, I went and began the Spyware, Adaware, HiJackThis, Security Suite Stuff to contain and remove the problem. That would not work. I attempted a windows update to update security patches, left the room for 5 minutes and came back to about 50 pop-ups on my screen while Windows was updating about a year or twos worth of updates. This is when the problems arose:

"Physical Memory Dump" and the computer crashed.

Now I'm unable to get anywhere but Safe Mode. If I attempt to boot normally, I get this message(which I know you've seen before):

***Stop: 0x000000D1 (0x000000FF, 0x00000000, 0x00000000, 0x00000000) Driver_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

So, I can't boot normally anymore - just in Safe Mode w/or w/out networking.
Based upon the research I've done, I've found that it's to be a driver issue. Thoughts, help?

Thanks,

Marc

HI Mayres,

IRQL x'FF' is invalid IRQL. One of your windows device driver has a invalid hook to windows kernel. For example nVidia mother board had builit in nVidia Display Card driver. If you un-install the built-in nVidia Display Driver. When you de-install nVidia Display card driver and de-install does not remove the windows kernel hook to nVidia Display driver (ie cannot un-install nVidia Display card driver completely). If you install another display card driver, you will get bugcheck 0A with IRQL x'FF'. Basically the windows is screw up. To resolve such issue, you need to re-install windows or try "last known good configuration".

The IRQL x'ff' may also caused by hardware error such as faulty RAM. As you can enter safe mode and hardware error is eliminated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back