Strong PC sales push Intel to record chip sales

Scorpus

TechSpot Staff
Staff member
Surprisingly strong PC sales has pushed Intel's PC client group to record unit sales, helping deliver a better-than-expected earnings report for the second quarter of 2014.

[newwindow="https://www.techspot.com/news/57427-strong-pc-sales-push-intel-to-record-chip-sales.html"]Read more[/newwindow]

andrew_C

TS Rookie
Makes me want to say "Hah, In Your Face !" to those so-called "market analyst experts" who keep predicting the death of PCs.

As long as tablets cannot even run Crysis 1, PCs will never die !

GeforcerFX

TS Evangelist
Makes me want to say "Hah, In Your Face !" to those so-called "market analyst experts" who keep predicting the death of PCs.

As long as tablets cannot even run Crysis 1, PCs will never die !
because playing crysis 1 is important to 99% of PC users... Also windows tablets can play crysis 1 (scales down well)

Well this didn't surprise me for q2, its the quarter following windows XP's EOL so it make sense the a lot of people bought new computers. Tablets have definitely slowed in my store except for windows and ipad sales, the android sales have really slowed, seems like the android market is slowing down overall (over saturation lack of innovation?)