Subwoofer not working? Please help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peteman990

Hello everyone,

So lately it seems that my Creative Inspire T7700 7.1 speaker system for the computer has been degrading. They are over 3 years old, so maybe they have just gave it all they got and need to be replaced, but I am hoping there is something I can do. First it was the audio control pod that starting degrading, I noticed that the volume was lower and times and less of the "boom" from the speakers, less umph if you will. So I played around with the dial, and found that pushing it down and taping it over with a piece of tape seemed to keep it at the right levels, some wires must have been loose inside of the thing, so I took it apart and tried to see if any wired were loose, everything seemed fine so I could live with just controlling the volume on the computer instead. Then I noticed that two of the rear speakers were not working, and I did a lot of fiddling with it, and realized that it was the connections on the subwoofer that were not working(Rear left, rear right, side left, side right, front left, front right, front center,) there are connections on the back of the subwoofer as such. So that was OK, it happened to be that I could still get 5.1 sound instead of 7.1 with some sound card limitations, but that was all good and well.

Now, only ONE speaker connection on the back of the sub is working, and that is the front left speaker. All the others have gone dead, I have tried plugging in other speakers and switching it around, but it appears that the connections on the back of the sub, which is also the amp, have gone bad. What can I do? Besides call Creative's AWFUL costumer support and have them tell me to buy a new speaker set! Never again will I be buying anything Creative, there customer support is laughable at best. Thank you in advance!

Sounds as if you have burned out or overdriven that woofer.
Nothing wrong with Creative... they just do not take high volume requests well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back