Suddenly, no sound

sdms96825

I was traveling several weeks ago and all of a sudden my speakers stopped working (around the same time I could no longer download Windows updates -- Broni worked with me on that and I am malware free and currently updated). I hooked up some external speakers and they don't work either. I don't even get the Windows sound when I boot up. I checked devices looking for that yellow triangle with the black exclamation point but there is no such thing.

Any suggestions on how I can find out what is wrong?

Thank you.

Hi dms96960

Been travelling and cyber-disconnected. I see from your other thread that Broni helped fixed the malware issue on your PC. :grinthumb

Are you still having sound issues?

Sound not working

My sound were working perfect but suddenly stopped working. No sound from monitor as well as 5.1 system.

Attachments

• DxDiag.txt
    12.2 KB · Views: 2
My sound were working perfect but suddenly stopped working. No sound from monitor as well as 5.1 system.

Hi gammo786

1) See if this helps [post=926040]Reference Guides to Help Setup and Troubleshoot Windows Audio and Sound Cards[/post]

2) If you still have a problem you must start a new thread for your own problem. This will help assure you get the attention of members looking through the forums for new problems

I once made a mistake and deleted the sound drivers XD.I would suggest 2 things
'System restore (Start/All programs/Accessories/System Tools/System Restore) <---Fixed my problem
'Windows repair (from the windows cd)

No sound

The text file that you supplied, shows your sound chip is a Realtek HD 6.00.0001.6167. First thing is to go to 'Device manager', look near the bottom of the list for 'Sound devices'. Click on the small triangle next to the speaker. You should see a line for Realtek HD Audio. Right click on it, choose 'uninstall'. NEXT... Go to 'Realtek.com', look at the 'Quick links' section, and 'HD Audio codec drivers', tick the box 'I agree' and 'next'. Look in the list for the Windows type you are using, and then download the file. Note where you save it to ! You will then have to open the file to install the driver. If that was the problem, you should then have sound. If you have downloaded drivers before you can do all the above by 'right-click' on the 'Realtek HD audio' in Device manager, BUT you may not get the latest driver (in my experience).

Back