Suggestions needed for safe, effective anonymous proxy server

Status
Not open for further replies.

phkhgh

Hi,

I'm in a serious jamb!
Looking for good suggestions for an anonymous proxy to use (hopefully w/ Firefox 2.x). Free would be OK, but won't use it that often, so speed is not too important. I've only read a little about TOR - that's about it. I've read some aren't really that anonymous.

Need to get this up & running FAST.
Completely new to proxy for anonymity, but have a general concept (gets complicated). The simpler but effective, the better for me. I'm not trying to outfox the FBI here!

My purpose isn't illegal - but because of a "cheating spouse" (hint: it's not me). I think cheater may have a "pro" - even from the legal profession - trying to monitor / find out what I'm trying to find out about cheater, so they can get an upper hand in court - if it comes to that.

IMPORTANT: Also, I wanted to set up a different (anonymous) email acct on yahoo, gmail, hotmail, whatever -- to correspond w/ legal aid, or get "tips" & reports from friends on cheater's actions. Don't want that acct to be traceable to me, so all those emails can't be subpoenaed if it gets requested through legal discovery.

Maybe there's a way to do that w/ my "untraceable" email acct even if I don't use a proxy? (I STILL need the proxy though). Will I still need the proxy to keep my DSL ISP from having records that I was visiting my "secret" email acct - as in using Firefox to login to Hotmail, Gmail, etc., OR to keep Hotmail, etc., from knowing my true IP address when I login?

Thanks & my kids will thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back