suggestions

oxeyereed

A fairly simple addition to your site would be to add comments to the articles like the news posts.

People could feedback on using the same product or post questions they felt the article didn’t answer. It would be great feedback for future reference.

Also some sort of work on a "mytechspot" sort of page where u could customize the information u receive would be pretty popular.

Thanks for your feedback!

I believe opening a new discussion thread for every new article we post would be a very doable thing. We could even use the announcement news post for such article and request participation there, so adding a link in the article should do it, for example: https://www.techspot.com/news/19942-windows-xp-memory-tweak-guide--techspot.html

Perhaps the reason we didn't do this before is because we didn't think it would be a very popular feature, you are right about something though, if it proves popular it could become a really good resource for future reference and gathering immediate feedback.

A myTechSpot section in the other hand would take some more efforts, currently we are mainly limited by our CMS. It does a good job at its core functionality, however because it's supposed to get an update to 2.0 (and bring a ton of new and updated features), we have hold ourselves from expanding current version until 2.0 arrives, hopefully within the next couple of months.

Some kind of quick rating system too...

Some kind of rating vote for articles could be fun too. So after reading the thing you could click your score for the article. So the writers would get instant feedback plus articles could be rated and perhaps filtered by popularity...
perhaps something like: how usefull did you find this article (1-5) thing...

I would like to see an added link in guides that outlines every component of a computer, how they are configured, and what the functionality of each is. Perhaps some links could be added that explain how each interacts, the speed, the hold ups.. etc. How advancements have overcome the hold ups... so that one could do the tutorial and gain the whole parts and development overview.

I know its going back to basics, but that would be ideal for New Comers such as myself. It would give a great base from which to start configuring systems, and a method to weight up why you should select one component over another.

From there, I would like to see an alternative component configurations discussion, such as two motherboards, setup to handle different sections of operations -if such a system even exists and works. and if it doesn't, show why and the difficulties. It may be a bit over the top, and perhaps better suited for a fantasy section, but i just can't help thinking that there are better ways of getting to that ultimate aim that all gamers want. "The system that can handle even the most demanding program like a sunday walk in the park in less than 0.01 of a nano second, and still have the resources left over to shop 4 u and cook you dinner to boot"

Back