SUPERAntiSpyware won't open

abe10tiger

Ok, so this incident just happened awhile ago. All of a sudden, my SUPERAntiSpyware won't open. I tried to right click the SUPERAntiSpyware icon in the notification bar but nothing comes out. I tried open my Anti-Virus(which is Avira) and it opened normally. I tried re-installing it but the same thing happened. I even tried opening it in safe mode but still no luck. Whenever I try opening it, it takes like 150,00K of memory and slows down the laptop so much.(according to task manager)

The only way to stop the madness is to stop the process in Task Manager. If I do that, everything comes back to normal- laptop becomes faster, opens programs faster etc. But I still Can't open it!

Should I get a fresh new installer of it? So far, no redirects have been happening. Keep you guys posted. Thanks in advance.

When you did the reinstall of Super anti spyware did you uninstall it first? If not try that and then report back.

Ok, so this incident just happened awhile ago. All of a sudden, my SUPERAntiSpyware won't open. I tried to right click the SUPERAntiSpyware icon in the notification bar but nothing comes out. I tried open my Anti-Virus(which is Avira) and it opened normally.
Other than a possible infection, this program likes to run at start up. If that's being hindered, it's very difficult to get it to run with a normal launch.

In my case, I have Spybot managing which programs run at start up, (SAS not being one of them), and invariably Super Anti-Spyware won't run.

Yes, SAS can take its time to start, mine does. I only use it occasionally for a second…or rather a fourth opinion scan. In fact, just when I think it’s not going to start and I’m about to kill it, it comes alive and tells me my signatures need updating, which takes equally long. And this is the reason I only use it occasionally.

It seems to rely on the principle that good things are worth waiting for, because it otherwise does a good job. And since it’s free, instead of looking a gift horse in the mouth, I go and make a cup of coffee while waiting, or even have one at the café round the corner.

You could try "Spybot Search & Destroy" which is also free and I have never come across any problems with it.

Back