Suspected Spyware

Status
Not open for further replies.
Somehow and unwanted program has been installed on my computer. In my add/remove programs it is listed as "Internet Explorer Security Plugin 2006". I've done a few searches and found that it is most likely spyware of some sort. I've tried everything within my knowledge to get rid of the program but nothing seems to work. It would be greatly appreciated if there was anyone who can help me with this.

Well what have you tried? Any spyware/virus removal tools? You need to be more specific on what you have tried and what your computer is now doing.

I have Norton Internet Protectection and it didn't fix it. I've also tried Ad-Aware and Windows Defender. I'm afraid that when it comes to spyware removal my knowledge is limited.

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Very Important: Before deciding whether you should clean or reformat your system, go and read this thread HERE and decide what it is you want to do.

If after reading the above you decide you want to clean your system, do the following.

Go and read the Viruses/Spyware/Malware, preliminary removal instructions. Follow all the instructions exactly.

Post fresh HJT and AVG Antispyware logs as attachments into this thread, only after doing the above.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

This thread is for the use of Buhner_19 only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back