SvcRestartTask error dialog when opening Task Scheduler - Windows 8.1

vis12345

My friend has Win 8.1[x86] running good. However, after months long, he opened Task Scheduler. He got a dialog[See attached file]. Post which, whenever he open Task Scheduler, he got the same dialog.

We ran sfc /scannow in elevated cmd prompt both in normal startup and safe mode. Both returned the same result.

Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them. Details are included in the CBS.Log %WinDir%\Logs\CBS\CBS.log.

I tried replacing the "SvcRestartTask" file located in "\Windows\System32\Tasks\Microsoft\Windows\SoftwareProtectionPlatform" with a copy from another PC with Win 8.1. However, the issue is still the same.

I've also attached the 2 CBS log details named as "sfcdetails[old].txt" and "sfcdetails.txt" which are before and after replacing the file "SvcRestartTask" from another PC with Win 8.1.

How to fix it? Please help with proper instructions.

Is there anyone who can help with this issue? No replies yet. If there are any MS employees incl.ex. or any good techie who can help solve this issue for my friend, please reply with a fix/workaround.

Attachments

• SvcRestartTask Error Dialog.PNG
    SvcRestartTask Error Dialog.PNG
    27.1 KB · Views: 5
  • sfcdetails[old].txt
    44.8 KB · Views: 3
  • sfcdetails.txt
    44.8 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
Back