Switching out motherboards, will windows still run correctly?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keith22

My current EVGA 680i Chipset SLI mobo is sending me continuous BSOD's and has to be sent in for replacement ( ill be doing it soon. ) My question to you guys is; if i send the board out for replacement and get a new one back in working or the same condition ( same condition meaning somthing else is causing the bsods ) and put it in my computer, am i going to have troubles accessing windows normally to get into my files and move things around to other partitions so i can reformat my main partition with windows installed, or is it going to act next to the exact same as the last one and windows will recognize it so i can move things around before reformatting? Thanks alot.

If you successfully got into windows with your old mobo (same type/brand) then you shouldn't have to reinstall the os i don't think.

Alright thanks for the input, i appreciate it! I guess i need to get the damn board out and shipped! Gonna be a couple weeks without my 680i :(

For what its worth the EVGA 680i mobo has one of the highest DOA rates out of any other board. The reason is because they don't check the boards before they send you the replacements, people have to RMA them 2-4 times before they get a working one. It's a good board but people hate waiting.

Yeah some people have alot of trouble with them but many people get lucky too and get a working one! They are a very good board when working correctly and evga's support is next to un-matchable from my experience. Thanks for the info dude.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back