SyncMaster 920NW

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sublime1

I am trying to adjust the image size on my Samsung SyncMaster 920NW monitor.

There is a game I want to play and the image in the game runs right off the screen. I can use the Monitor menu (using the buttons on the front of the monitor) to move the image vertically or horizontally but not to resize it larger or smaller. I know I've been able to do this on other, older monitors.

I checked the Manual and the only place it mentions doing this is in the Troubleshooting section in the back where it references adjusting the image size.

I checked the Samsung website and called their 1-800 number and both were useless.

I'm using Win XP and an NVidia GeForce 8600GT with up to date driver.

Does anyone know of a way to increase or decrease the size of the image on this type of monitor?

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks.

I can put the game in windowed mode. But because of the type of game it is, that makes some objects very small and hard to see.

I'd like to be able to see the whole screen in full screen.

I did contact the game developer and they are convinced it's a monitor issue because I'm the only one having it.

How do other games appear on the monitor? What is the name of this game? There is something called "resolution" that you can change by going into desktop display properties on your computer. Have you tried doing this? The monitor will only display what it is given by the computer, as long as the computers video signal is inside the monitors allowed resolutions. What Operating System are you running?

Other games appear fine. The game is called "My Kingdom for the Princess". I'm running Windows XP.

I'm really don't want to change the resolution if it's going to mess up all my other games. I've done that before and it always winds up messing up something else. Everything else is running smoothly so I'm not willing to mess with that for one little game.

I've just always been able to shrink the image size using the buttons on the front (or side) of every other monitor. But not this one.

I did call Samsung again today and got put through to their Tier2 techs. I sat on hold for 45 mins (listening to the same piece of heinous music over and over) until I finally had to give up.

Honestly, I didn't think it would be a big deal until I couldn't do it using the buttons on the monitor. And maybe it's just not possible with this particular monitor.

I'd appreciate any thoughts and advice.
Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back