SYSTEM NOT turning on

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi
I am a biology student so i dont have much idea about system repairs ..I have dell inspiron 630m i donot have warranty for my laptop.
recently when i was using my system it gave a beep continuous sound and shut down on its own.when I tried to restart it sometimes it started but didnt go to windows screen. i tried few trouble shooting steps by calling one of my friend .He asked me to open memory slot and clean it and reinsert then modem slot.asked me what are the LEDS blinking.out of 3 LEDS BATTERY LED BLINKING..MIDDLE LED i DONT KNOW WHAT IT IS FOR NOT BLINKED...

THEN AFTER FEW DAYS...

I TRIED TO REPAIR IT BY OPENING HARD DISK SLOT AND PUT MY FRIENDS HARD DISK.BUT I COULDNOT OPEN IT. I PRESSED ON HARD DISK ..THEN I TRIED TO TURNON THE SYSTEM.IT STARTED BUT WHILE WINDOWS EXECUTING ...STREAMING WAS STOPPING IN THE MIDDLE ...BUT SYSTEM COULD OPEN..BUT SOMETIMES IT IS TURNING ON SOMETIMES NOT TURNING ON..

WHAT THE PROBLEM COULD BE

I think there may be two problems here.
The first one when it stopped may have been a hard drive failure.
I am not sure what you mean by 'I pressed on hard disk' - laptop hard drives have no strength in the covers so by pressing on on your friend's hard drive you may have destroyed it.
If you are not confident I would take it to a repair shop who will be able to test the hard drives for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back