System Password

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi New Member here, need some help please

I have a toshiba Satelite Pro A60 The problem is that when I turn it on it runs for a few seconds and then the Passord = prompt apears in the top left hand corner.

It has'nt been used for a long time and I haven't got the manual anymore,where will I find the correct passord?

Thanks

Do you know if this is the system password, or the hard drive password...
You probably will need to talk to Toshiba.
Passwords were not too difficult to work around until 2004... since then, they have become progressively more difficult each year... Large corporations such as sales forces, insurance company regulations, and all other problems you can imagine... such as anytime you read or hear about a computer stolen with people data on the hard drive, have required all laptop makers to create more robust password and protection systems.
IBM and Lenovo will not, under any circumstances retrieve a password. They just replace the motherboard. Sony, HP, and Dell have become similarly difficult. The thinking is that if anyone can break in, anybody can access that data which may have credit cards, social security, or personal information.
There are sometimes helps on this forum, but not many that are useful.
You are best off verifying your ownership of the Toshiba, then send it back for them to recover or restore, but do not count on getting any data back...
Hypnotists and other people who know how to play mind games have helped a lot of people remember their passwords.
Good luck. Let us know how it turns out if you receive no help from others on this forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back