System restore help

By darcylouise93 ยท 4 replies
Jun 17, 2008
  1. Hello. This is URGENT because my mum needs to write up applications today.

I did system restore 2 days ago and now my programs arent there anymore even though they show on my desktop.

I need a step by step instructions on how to reverse system restore so I can get all my files and programs back please. This would be very helpful as I am not very good with computer. I actually want smash my computer right now lol.

I am on windows xp

Much appreciated :D

2. Spyder_1386

Spyder_1386 TS Booster Posts: 498

hey darcylouise93

Click Start > Programs > Accessories > System Tools > System Restore ..... do you still see an option that says "Undo my last restoration" ? If you do, click on that and it should undo the damage.... If this option is not present, click on "Restore my computer to an earlier date" and then choose a date prior to the two days before the restore was done.....

Why was the System Restore done in the first place if i may ask? I only ask because there might be another way to cure the problem instead of restoring...

Spyder_1386 :)

3. darcylouise93

darcylouise93 TS Rookie Topic Starter

hello thankyou for your help.

i did system restore because everytime i turned on my computer it would say something about spyware. everytime i would even click on something or even just click the computer would restart.

4. Spyder_1386

Spyder_1386 TS Booster Posts: 498

5. darcylouise93

darcylouise93 TS Rookie Topic Starter

hello again.

this is bad but i think i did system revovery. its the one when you turn on your computer and fress f8 or something. ****. i did the system restore but i could only choose from 3 dates. i did the earliest one. anyway when i did system recovery or whatever its called i couldnt go into microsoft word. everytime i doubled clicked it would say it wasnt installed. then when i tryed to install it, it would say something making sure it exists and access.

since i did the system restore its says undo last restore.

thanks again. i really dont like computers! argh!

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.