System shuts off on memtest86

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tranq

I booted up my floppy drive and memtest starts running...it goes through the first percentage cycle and then on the second one around 91% it shuts my system off immediately...I can't press c for configuration or esc to reboot either it doesnt let me...any ideas? ive never used memtest before so if this sounds stupid plz let me know

ok i tried it with both memory sticks separately and it still shuts off...so maybe both RAM sticks are damaged or maybe the motherboard is damaged...not sure...

Redownload Memtest86 form here http://www.memtest86.com/

burn it to a cd go to bios to make the cd first thing to boot (or first on boot order) rerun the test with stick of ram .. YOu might have a bad copy of it to begin with. Becuse if you had two bad ram sticks you would not post or be here...

let us know

System shuts down on memtest86

Hi,

I'm having the same problem, I ran memtest with all the RAM inside, and the system shutsdown after a few tests.
So I removed all the RAM and left but one, I did the tests again, but the same problem. I did this with all the RAM modules seperately but the same problem exists. I ran memtest86+ as well, same here.

I think there is a problem with the memory controller on the motherboard. How can I be sure of this? Or does anybody have any other suggestions?

THanks
Sven

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back