Corsair DDR2 PC2-4200 533MHz Value Select 1GB 240-pin $119.00
Asus P5GD2-X Socket 775 Intel 915P Chipset Dual-Ch DDR2 600 $118.00
XFX GeForce 6800GS 256Mb DDR3 TV-Out DVI-I PCI Express Graphics Card $245.00
LG 52X CD-RW/16X DVD-ROM Combo Drive (Black) $35.99
AOpen QF50D (Black) Mid Tower Case w/ 350 Watt PS and Air Duct $68.00

total: $913.99

Few questions:

is 350 Watts enough?
how does the 6800 GS stand up to the others?
how can I improve this system but still stay budgeted under 1000 and i'm using www.canadacomputers.com

350w is enough but a with a auper cheap PSU it might die early

Personally , I would recommend AMD over a similarly priced intel system but thats up to you.

Are these prices in CDN or USD?

These prices are CDN, thanks for your reply. I'm more of an intel guy, but thats purely preference. I don't mind replacing a PSU that comes default with the case.

You could take an Antec case, they come with SmartPower PSUs, but these have problems with some mobos...

Only a DVD-ROM/CD-RW drive? 10-30$ more and you can burn DVD+/-RW, DVD-RAM and have LightScribe.

Quick noob comment:

Doesn't seem like much, for that price.

Have you checked newegg.com? You could do much better, at a lower price.

It is a dead thread, how did you come upon it in the first place? And please define "cleaner". I have not seen any forums without dead threads like these.

Oh, I am sorry if that came off like it did. Did not mean to be rude.

I saw this thread on the first page, maybe 12 or so down? I should have looked at the date. My fault. I do not use forums much, at all. I figured maybe if it was on the first page , it wouldnt be old. I understand now, it's not like people are able to respond moments after .

I understand now, it's not like people are able to respond moments after .
But not three years later either, especially commenting on three year old Canadian dollar prices. How pointless it that? Anyhow, lesson learned.

Welcome to the forums.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back