T-Series beats PewDiePie in race to hit 100 million subscribers

midian182

Staff member
In brief: The race between PewDiePie and T-Series to become the first YouTube channel to reach 100 million subscribers has ended, with the Bollywood music account hitting the milestone on Wednesday.

Felix ‘PewDiePie’ Kjellberg found his ‘most-subscribed YouTube channel’ title under threat from the Indian music production company in late 2018. The two have been swapping the number one and number two positions over the last few months, but T-Series recently surged ahead and passed the 100 million-milestone first, with PewDiePie currently at 96.2 million subs.

YouTube congratulated T-Series on being the first to hit the target, suggesting it make some room on its shelf for something new and shiny. A few fans have suggested the site wouldn’t have been as quick to congratulate PewDiePie if he’d reached 100 million first.

The rivalry between the two hasn’t exactly been good natured. As a way of keeping him on top, fans started the “subscribe to PewDiePie” meme earlier this year, but it quickly gained negative associations after a World War II memorial in New York was defaced with the slogan.

Things got even uglier when, on March 15, the person who shot and killed 50 people and injured 50 more in New Zealand said “Remember, lads: subscribe to Pewdiepie,” during the first few minutes of him livestreaming the atrocity. There was also a reference to PewDiePie in the manifesto of the gunman who opened fire on worshipers at the Chabad of Poway synagogue in Southern California earlier this month. PewDiePie said he was “sickened” by these associations.

Kjellberg later released two diss tracks aimed at T-Series that were banned by a Delhi court from appearing on Indian YouTube as they contain content that is "defamatory, disparaging, insulting, and offensive."

At the end of April, PewDiePie called for an end to the “subscribe” meme, saying the movement should have ended following the New Zealand shootings. “This movement started out of love and support, so let’s end it with that,” he said.

Permalink to story.

Kjellberg later released two diss tracks aimed at T-Series that were banned by a Delhi court from appearing on Indian YouTube as they contain content that is "defamatory, disparaging, insulting, and offensive."
LOL. Bunch of babies.

It's shame. Seems like all those deaths just happened for nothing.
That's what happens when some psychopath snaps. Has nothing to do with Pews though, no moreso then Ford would have had to do with said shooter if he had said "built ford tough" instead.

LOL. Bunch of babies.

It's shame. Seems like all those deaths just happened for nothing.
That's what happens when some psychopath snaps. Has nothing to do with Pews though, no moreso then Ford would have had to do with said shooter if he had said "built ford tough" instead.

Yeah I'm sure shooting up muslims had nothing to do with them being huge fans of pewdiepie, a nazi.

Yeah I'm sure shooting up muslims had nothing to do with them being huge fans of pewdiepie, a nazi.
You can't seriously be that stupid to believe he's a Nazi?

Scratch that, I guess if you believe whatever the media tells you, then more fool you I suppose...

Maybe not a full on nazi, but he definitely attracts the types and you could consider him a gateway drug. He is racist and anti-Semitic though.

Maybe not a full on nazi, but he definitely attracts the types and you could consider him a gateway drug. He is racist and anti-Semitic though.
He's neither, litterally never been racist and the closest he's been to "anti-semitic" was a bad joke.

You've clearly never watched any of his content...

Edit: he has 96 million followers and his videos get more views than any other YouTuber, if you had the same size following, do you seriously think you wouldn't have the odd bad egg?

He's neither, litterally never been racist and the closest he's been to "anti-semitic" was a bad joke.

Edit: he has 96 million followers and his videos get more views than any other YouTuber, if you had the same size following, do you seriously think you wouldn't have the odd bad egg?
Well, if the media tells him racist man racist, who are we to argue? ;P

Not worth reasoning with a random over the internet who can't think for himself lol

Well, if the media tells him racist man racist, who are we to argue? ;P

Not worth reasoning with a random over the internet who can't think for himself lol

Neither of us know what goes on inside pewdiepies head and hes actually racist or not. But he has had many incidents, From the N word, to Death to all jews signs, to Nazi salutes. Yeah, you can say he was joking in bad taste, sure.

It is far from "an odd bad egg". A large segment of his base are the same people who are in to conspiracies like Q, Pizzagate, Sandyhook being a hoax, and redpillers and thedonald subreddit followers.

You can't seriously be that stupid to believe he's a Nazi?

Scratch that, I guess if you believe whatever the media tells you, then more fool you I suppose...

Then im a homophobic communist nazi because I do communist jokes and laugh at edgy humor that involves homophobic and nazi jokes

I never liked PewDiePie and never even watched any entire video of him from start to finish (I find him too annoying and insufferable), he is lots of things, but claiming the guy is racist or a nazi is ridiculous.

I'm prettttty sure that the person commenting that pewdiepie is homophobic, nazi, etc. is just trolling or joking.

1. Create fake 'war'
2. cause rabid fans to push both accounts to far higher subs than either had
3. ???
4. profit

This is the ol' heavyweight boxing strategy. 2 guys probably friends IRL pretend to hate each other and trash talk, etc. takes advantage of human tribal tendencies. both guys profit heavily from the hype.

Well he did a vid where he linked a number of his favourite/recommended youtube channels, one channel was definitely blatantly racist and antisemitic. Like, frequently calling black people the n-word, yelling it in fact in a very derogatory manner.

If a Muslim guy had a youtube channel and paid a some people to say 9-11 was amazing just to see if they'd do it, people would probably be upset. Or if he recommended a bunch of youtube channels and one was yelling death to all whites, or kill all Christians, people would probably start thinking the guy hates white people and Christians.

And if a number of his followers were Jihadists that loved him, people would really start to question his moral compass.

Last edited:
I never liked PewDiePie and never even watched any entire video of him from start to finish (I find him too annoying and insufferable), he is lots of things, but claiming the guy is racist or a nazi is ridiculous.
The world will call him a racist not because the media says so but because he has and is known for racist remarks.
Imo most people in this world are racists, well because we all say stupid ****. Most of it just comes from hate.

You know, YouTube is actual trash at this point. They wouldn't have been so quick to congratulate Felix if he'd won. But when you think about it, T-Gei isn't even the real winner. It took an entire corporation to take Felix out of his number one spot, so that should say something about how powerful him and his army are. As part of the 9 year old army, I wanna congratulate Felix on not only being number one in the hearts of millions, but also on being the real true number one, regardless of subscriber count. He's number one in my eyes always. If you haven't seen Boyinabands video on making the Congratulations song, you really should.

[/QUOTE]

Well he did a vid where he linked a number of his favourite/recommended youtube channels, one channel was definitely blatantly racist and antisemitic. Like, frequently calling black people the n-word, yelling it in fact in a very derogatory manner.

[/QUOTE]

You clearly read the VOX article didn't you?

He specified he had only watched the Death Note videos done by that creator and recommended them. I watched them and they were great, it wasn't until the media blew up about it that I realized the description on the videos were incredibly racist.

Who dafuq even reads descriptions on youtube? 9 times out of 10 its just a million links to merch and other social media platforms. Most will just push play and move on to the next video after it's done.

When you're yelling the N word while gaming, you got some racist in you...

He specified he had only watched the Death Note videos done by that creator and recommended them. I watched them and they were great, it wasn't until the media blew up about it that I realized the description on the videos were incredibly racist.

You watched the video where the youtuber randomly shouts the n-word repeatedly and thought only the title was racist?

You watched the video where the youtuber randomly shouts the n-word repeatedly and thought only the title was racist?

Did we watch the same video? Sure there was questionable imagery from events in history, but I didn't hear a single N word used by E;R. The questionable words that stood out for me were "retarded" and "g@y".

Felix did say the N word live on stream while playing PUBG and got what he deserved, but I don't believe for one second that he is a racist nazi.

Did you know that ricegum said the n word every 2 videos?

Did you know pyrocynical said “[N WORD], are you dead?” In a video?

Did you know that MOST youtubers said the n word at least once before the “ad friendly” guidelines?

Back