T Series Emachine wont start

Status
Not open for further replies.

BaddayNeedHelp

I have recently been painting my room and for the past... week or so my Emachines has been turned off. I have never had any problems with it before and when I went to trun it on today the two lights on the front just flickered on and off really rapidly and the fan started and it made a "clicking" sound. I have tried a lot of things and I cannot get this thing to even boot up.

PLEASE HELP ME :(
thanks

There are 27 models of eMachines built since 2004 that suffer motherboard failure, due to defective manufacturing processes in Korea and Singapore. The failed motherboard causes the power supply to short out... ruining both. The replacement is $159.95 for the motherboard and $65 for the power supply, and both are out of stock at eMachines.
Which model do you have, and how long have you had it.
The memory, modem, hard drive, cpu, cpu fan, and optical drives remain good... if you can find another motherboard that can use the memory and cpu.

Well, magically my computer actually worked when I went to turn it on this morning! I was pumped, to say the least. But with this re-birth I now have NEW issues. First of all I have NO SOUND WHATSOEVER. I cannot open Itunes, WMP, or anything without getting some error saying audio device failure or some crap. Also, I am getting an error that says "Power Surge On Hub Port". Does this coincide with the sound problem? The only periphs I have plugged in are my mouse, keyboard and monitor and I have never had this problem before. When i went to check my sound devices it doesnt even list a device plugged in when CLEARLY i have my speakers in. I am hoping this is an easier fix than the last one.

Thanks in advance and hope to god my computer is back.

You have been offered a reprieve.
It would be very wise to replace the power supply with a 300 Watt new one at once.
Consider Sparkle, FSP Group, Antec, Corsair, PCP&C, OCZ and other top rated PSU's

Alright I downloaded and extracted the zipped file, after that what do I do? Does it automatically elect that as my audio driver or do I have to manually do that?

Alright, I did all that stuff but all it seemed to do was put AvRack on my desktop and thats about it :\ I still have the problem (sorry for being ignorant here, I don't know a whole lot about this stuff)

"Power Surge On Hub Port".
Motherboard issue with USB Devices (possibly not all of them)

One fix

Another fix:

Note sometimes just removing all USB devices connected to your computer, cycling the power on them (ie the printer)
Remove all USB devices from Device Manager, then Restart and allow them to install again
can rectify this problem

Let me know how you go

What you have is typical of the largest computer failures known... We thought you had a reprieve of the motherboard, but it appears not so.
I seriously doubt you will breathe live back into that computer without replacing the motherboard and the battery. We now have documented records of over 750 such failures, and a good number of them in our barns in Colorado, Utah, New Mexico, and Arizona.. EMachines now exceeds Packard Bell and Tiny for the most total computer failures. Yours appears to be another.
Time to give up unless you want to pay the $200 it takes to bring one back to life...

Thanks for the help guys :). My USB problem is gone :D hopefully forever... but I still cannot fix the sound :\. THE ONLY problem remaining. I still cannot give up hope on this computer lol because I really dont have the money to buy a new one :\.

When I go into my Device manager and expand the sound video and game controller section, my sound all appear fine except Avance AC97 Audio which has a little yellow exclamation point on it. Does this mean anything? Can I change this out? I don't really know if its significant - but I noticed it recently so I decided to tell you guys since you obviously know a lot more about this than I do lol

Thanks for the help, again :)

My USB problem is gone
What "speccifically" fixed it?

This still looks like a Motherboard issue
When you manually install the sound driver (right click on the sound device in Device Manager->Search For Updates->manually browse to c:\windows\inf )
What actually happens?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back