Task Manager and Media Player 10 problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

witchypoo

Task Manager, Media Player 10, and Nero OEM Suite problems

I am having problems with my media player, and task manager.

First of all, everytime I try to start my Media Player version 10, it brings up this update commponents, and then it says everything is up to date, but it still won't start.

Then I tried to open my task manger, but that wouldn't work either. FIrst I tried ctrl+alt+delete and that didn't work then I went to start run then typed taskmgr.exe and it said another program was using it.

Alsow when I'm trying to install Nero oem suite that came with my burner, I get this error saying "Error During installation of Cover Designer templates" then the installation stops and it happens every time I try to install it.

Here is my Hijackthis log.

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Boot into safe mode, and turn system restore off.

Go to add remove programmes in your control panel, and uninstall anything to do with(if there)

C:\Program Files\winupdates\winupdates.exe

Close control panel.

Open your task manager(if you can) and click on the processes tab. End process for(if there)

winupdates.exe
ErrorNukerInstaller.exe

Close task manager.

Run HJT with no other programmes open, and let HJT fix the following(if there)

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://yahoo.sbc.com/dsl
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://yahoo.sbc.com/dsl

O2 - BHO: CDLPObj Object - {BE2ED590-CA49-46B5-8CCE-244FB2E0D1AA} - C:\WINDOWS\DLP.dll

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [winupdates] C:\Program Files\winupdates\winupdates.exe /auto

Fix all your 016 DPF entries.

Fix this if it doesn`t belong to your ISP.
O17 - HKLM\System\CCS\Services\Tcpip\..\{6124C609-E06F-43E3-AAB0-8244E555D283}: NameServer = 85.255.115.76,85.255.112.91

O20 - Winlogon Notify: IPConfTSP - C:\WINDOWS\system32\nktshell.dll (file missing)
O20 - Winlogon Notify: WRNotifier - WRLogonNTF.dll (file missing)

Close HJT.

Delete the following bold files(if there)

C:\Program Files\winupdates\winupdates.exe

Reboot into normal mode, and turn system restore back on.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back