Task Manager and Regedit are being used by another program

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've recently been reading a lot of different forums on what to do, and it seems that HJT is a good program so I decided to use it and post this with my log attached. So far, I figured out a way to get to my regedit and task manager by typing CTRL+ALT+DEL right when windows starts up and when it was kept open two programs were trying to run called "installer". I canceled these, which then allowed me to open my regedit, but I don't want to have to do this constantly. Nor do I want this to happen again, so if someone could help with how to fix this and prevent it I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks!

~Darrell

Hi dadavi18,

Welcome to Techspot!

You have a number of infections present on this machine.

My name is Blind Dragon and I will be helping you with your Malware problem. During the course of our interactions please be sure to follow all instructions carefully, and ask questions if you are unsure of how to proceed at any point.

Please have a read here-> Is your system infected? Read this before Cleaning or Formatting

If you decide to clean your system please follow these Viruses/Spyware/Malware, preliminary removal instructions and post back in this thread with the requested logs. There should be at least 3.

1)MBAM or SAS log
2)Combofix log
3)Hijackthis log (Step 15)

This thread is for the use of dadavi18 only. Please don't post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back