Task Manager Disabled Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

SepTiK

Hi i'm new here and i have a problem with the task manager , and when i alt+ctrl+del it says : "task manager has been disabled by your administrator"
i tryed to enable it:

run gpedit.msc
under "User Configuration"
go to "Administrative Templates"
go to "System"
go to "Ctrl+Alt+Del Options"
double-click "Remove Task Manager" and select "Not Configured" or "Disabled"

but after 20 sec if i open new program it dissapears again .I have this kind of problem with other windows programs, errors about been disabled by youre administrator , and ofc i'm on the Administrator Account . What To Do ?

You likely have bad guys - go through the 8 step malware removal process pdq - gl

Here are the standard Xp locations of Taskmgr.exe

C:\WINDOWS\system32\taskmgr.exe
C:\WINDOWS\ServicePackFiles\i386\taskmgr.exe
C:\WINDOWS\$NtServicePackUninstall$\taskmgr.exe

If running any of these does not work try each (or any one) of these options, restart and test again:

What to do about Task Manager problems

Task Manager Repair: http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/regs_edits/TaskManager_Reset.reg

http://windowsxp.mvps.org/Taskmanager_error.htm

Download RatsCheddar, and tick all fields

Start -> Run -> SFC /ScanNow (you will need your Windows CD, no Data will be lost)

UPDATED 8-step Viruses/Spyware/Malware Preliminary Removal Instructions

Please let me know which one worked :)

Note: I agree that the most likely cause is Virus\Malware infection (ie last option)

i've restarted comp. to retest this :
C:\WINDOWS\system32\taskmgr.exe
C:\WINDOWS\ServicePackFiles\i386\taskmgr.exe
C:\WINDOWS\$NtServicePackUninstall$\taskmgr.exe
and they still not work
the first 1 says ...has been disabled by administrator
and the other 2 (last ones) says : cannot find file :///c/windows/servicepackfiles/i386/taskmanager.exe

Tryed the RatsCheddar didn't work :(
SFC /ScanNow not worked .

windowsxp.mvps.org/Taskmanager_error.htm not worked got eror at regedit ...

Task Manager Repair: kellys-korner-xp.com/regs...ager_Reset.reg - not worked ...

without Formating my hdd isn't it be posible to get rid of virus or what is it ? (cause i have 400 gb of GB of games movies programs etc)
and if i really have to format it will i get ride of the task manager bug ? :-/

sorry there i meant taskmgr.exe (still i tryed it again nothing ,bla bla disable by administrator :( )
Edit : it will take a little but i will try

i didn't do all u said but i instaled a malware anti-virus program , and it resulted this after the scan if it helps enter this link to see image i puted without http cause not high ranked img413.imageshack.us/img413/3193/malwaregifzf2.gif

Ah huh
So I hope you removed those found issues?

So it looks as though it was Malware
If I were you I'd follow the 8-Step Removal process in full
(by the way, attaching a log will suffice, no need for pics)

i'm removing them now then :D and will read that 8step :)

1 problem is that when i turn on avast it will automaticly shut down , removed capitals :(

hi there back again i formated all my HDDs and if you could tell me what anti-virus should i use now and anti task manager buging and stuff like this i should use to securize my computer pls tell me fast :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back