Task Manager has been disabled by the Administrator?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry for double post, server was down.

When I hit ctrl+alt+delete or right click on taskbar, I get a message that says "the task manager has been disabled by your administrator"

I've followed this solution:
Code:
HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System /v DisableTaskMgr /t REG_DWORD /d 0 /f

it works! but every time I turn off/on computer I have to do it again, and also the "turn off computer" doesn't work.

Any ideas, Thank you All.

Attachments

• hijackthis.txt.log
    18.6 KB · Views: 11
Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Your HJT log appears to be clean.

I wonder if this programme, is contributing to your problem. Uninstall it and see. EGT System Locker.

Other than that, go and read this thread HERE.

Let me know the results please.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

This thread is for the use of NokiaBase only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

howard_hopkinso said:
Hello and welcome to Techspot.

I wonder if this programme, is contributing to your problem. Uninstall it and see. EGT System Locker.

You're right!!!, I had this program (EGT System Locker) for sometime, I know it well and it's tools/options but I had never disabled Task manager. (possibly updates) I've got this problem for past week or so (!!!cheeky bugger!!!).
But hey!!! you now what! your the man:grinthumb . PS:It may also help other people.

That`s great news.

Thanks for letting us know.

I know what to look out for now lol.

If you have any further virus/spyware problems, please post in this thread.

Regards Howard :)

This thread is for the use of NokiaBase only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back