Task manager locked out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Your system is infected with malware.

Very Important: Before deciding whether you should clean or reformat your system, go and read this thread HERE and decide what it is you want to do.

If after reading the above, you wish to clean your system, do the following.

Go and read the Viruses/Spyware/Malware, preliminary removal instructions. Follow all the instructions exactly.

Post fresh HJT, AVG Antispyware and Combofix logs as attachments into this thread, only after doing the above.

Also, let me know the results of the Panda Antirootkit scan.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

This thread is for the use of BigEarl only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Comments: couldn't you have said more than just 'Task Manager'? What does that mean? It's gone? You can't open it? It shows processes you don't recognize? I don't understand why some just throw our a log with no information! I don't work through the logs, but occasionally I take a look at what's running.

You have processes that don't need to startup and run in the background: Examples are igfxxpers.exe, DvzIncMsgr.exe, usbshare.exe is for a for a USB sharing switch (Lin-X-Cel) used to share one device between 2 computers- do you have that? jusched.exe is the Java auto updated> you do NOT want that running.

VPTray.exe is VirusProtect Shield System Tray icon, not needed. and on and on.

My point here is to say: No information doesn't give us much to work with. If you system is slow, in addition to malware check, there are processes that do not need to start up and run in the background. You have several of those, but if you tell us nothing, well, other than the malware check, you won't get anything- this is a freebie tip because I'm having a slow day.

And I find that many don't know how to use the msconfig utility to stop unnecessary programs from starting up. There is help for that, but we need to know the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back