Task manager problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bartender802

I open to my task manager and I ony get the bottom part of the screen. The top part where it says task manager is missing along with the tabs any ideas what might be the problem. Attached a pic to let you all see what I am talking about

Attachments

• task manager.jpg
    task manager.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 443
Guys

i have the same problem but in this case my system32 folder is missing in Windows... arrghh i really dont know what to do.... i cant use my task manager,regedit, either on run... please help me... I ran all sorts of anti spyware(Spyware Doctor, Microsoft, Ad-Aware, Spybot, and Xoftspy) but its no use.... I badly need your help... jp_blissbone@yahoo.com

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Try booting into safe mode and doing all the scans etc.

If you still have problems then maybe you need to do a repair install of Windows.

I`m assuming that you`re either running Windows 2000 or XP.

Instructions on how to do a repair are HERE

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

help!

Hi i need someones help.....My task manager will not open...no matter what i do nothing happens it acts like i havnt clicked it or help CTRL Alt and Del....just nothing happens....even when i right click my toolbar n click it on there still nothing happens....please help me if you can..

Hi, I need help - my task manager settings are fine, but whenever i minimize a window it doesn't appear in the taskbar even though the option "hide when minimized" isn't checked. I've tried minimizing with all toolbars open, and it doesn't work.

Bartender802 said:
I open to my task manager and I ony get the bottom part of the screen. The top part where it says task manager is missing along with the tabs any ideas what might be the problem. Attached a pic to let you all see what I am talking about
i have the same problem ..and my scan disk is stop at a time...:

One step further

Unbelievable. I had the same problem as the beginning of this thread. I read on and right clicked the top of Task Manager and it only gave me the options of switching to the other windows, but did not offer to show all at once. I clicked on 'Processes' and now all I have is the processes tab or window rather and I can NO longer right click the top to bring any of the options out.

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Go and read this thread HERE and see if that helps.

If it doesn`t, go and read this thread HERE, then post a HJT log as an attachment into this thread.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

task manager

hey you guys are geniuses. was searching the net to try to fix a problem with task manager (i am useless with anything that has a motherboard) and came accross your site. whoever said to double click has just solved a problem that had been bugging me for weeks!!! thank you!!!!

Task Manager Problems

Thanks so much! I've been trying to figure this problem out for 2 months! Even my computer savvy son had never seen this. Two seconds and it's fixed!

When you open up Task Manager in Windows XP, there is no title bar, menu bar, or program tabs showing. Only the running applications, End Task, Switch To, and New Task buttons show up.

This problem is easy to fix, the Task Manager is running in "tiny footprint mode". To correct this, simply double-click on the border around the window and it will return to its normal state. To place task manager back in "tiny footprint mode" again, double click again on the border around the window.

Here is the Microsoft article to this problem:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;193050

i am having the EXACT same problem as you and also havent got clue wtf is going on have you found a solution yet.

oh i just read lol sorry for wasting your time thanks loads

mr. bartender you are the man i did this and wow it was restored the task manager only showed part of message what was running but now all process are restored simply with a double click man i feel stupid but also good
thanks tomt2006

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back