Technical terms - which one?

vhawk

i'm using windows xp home, what it the technichal term for the bit of the screen that runs along the bottom from the start button to the clock bit in the bottom right hand corner, where when you minimise something it sits there so you can bring it back?

i ask because mine went black after i changed my screen resolution from higher to lower and back again to let a remote friend share my screen on skype. odly enough, if i lower my resolution she can see my desktop and whatever is on it , ie my screen, i've no idea why. on the higher resolution i can;t share my screen with her, but on a lower one she can, why would that be?

is there any way i can get whatever it is called back to its usual blue so i can see the minimised things?

Try using System Restore to restore your system to a point before you messed with it.

As to your friend, is her screen using a low resolution? Try to match resolutions and see it that helps. Otherwise, I don't know the answer.

gosh, yes those are jolly good ideas, i've got it back now with a system restore.

happy christmas and many thanks

Back