Tesla is selling $250 bottles of tequila

midian182

Staff member
WTF?! What started as an April Fool’s joke two years ago by Elon Musk has turned into a reality: Tesla has just launched Tesla Tequila, which comes in a very cool lightning-shaped bottle. You might need a drink when you see the $250 price.

On April 1, 2018, Musk joked about Tesla filing for bankruptcy and the CEO being found passed out surrounded by “Teslaquilla” bottles. He teased the upcoming drink a few months later, along with a visual approximation of the bottle, which now looks very different. That tweet incurred the wrath of Mexico’s Tequila Regulatory Council (CRT), a group that ensures tequila producers stick to denomination of origin rules.

It seems people, or Musk, liked the idea of a Tesla-branded tequila so much that the company turned it into an actual product—though the name has changed to a more conservative Tesla Tequila, despite Tesla filing a trademark for “Teslaquila” with the USPTO.

Tesla’s site describes the drink as “small-batch premium 100% de agave tequila añejo made from sustainably sourced highland and lowland agaves.” It’s been aged for 15 months in French oak barrels—most añejo is aged from one to three years—and was produced by California-based Nosotros Tequila, which sources its agave from Jalisco, one of the states allowed to manufacture tequila under CRT rules.

This isn’t Tesla’s first non-EV-related product. In 2018, it created a $1,500 carbon Fiber surfboard. And Musk’s Boring Company famously made the ‘Not a Flamethrower’ device, a roofing torch with an air rifle cover.

Permalink to story.

I hope for their sakes we don't see stories of drunken Tequila filled Tesla drivers killing people...

As a tequila drinker I would love to try it or even just have it for the cool looking bottle but it'll never get sold in my home state of PA. Also, $250? Im sure it's all novelty and not quality...

Judging by Testa's track record on this "feature" so far, I would recommend the driver down the entire bottle before climbing in and trusting their life to a Tesla Self Driving Anything .......

Judging by Testa's track record on this "feature" so far, I would recommend the driver down the entire bottle before climbing in and trusting their life to a Tesla Self Driving Anything .......
I'm not a big Tesla fan, but if you use their Autopilot feature properly, it is safe, and growing safer continually. With hundreds of thousands of Teslas on the road and tens of millions of miles driven, there have only been what, three total incidents? And after investigation, they're generally found to be driver error:

February 2019 – NTSB confirms that driver in fatal 2018 accident in Mountain View was not paying attention and likely on his cell phone playing a game. In addition, the driver was aware that Autopilot, at the time, needed corrections at that spot. Tesla vehicles do not appear to have an issue...

In five years time, the self-driving feature on Tesla and several other manufacturers will be safer than even the best human drivers.

As per my usual response to stories about Elon Musk, I'd like to tell him exactly where he can shove that big old lightning bolt.

It probably isn't that good for drinking, but perhaps it might work out well for him if he, "boofs it".

(

Crap tier tequila no better than a $10 bottle, but in a fancy bottle for 25x the price. Yup, that's Musk alright.

I'm not a big Tesla fan, but if you use their Autopilot feature properly, it is safe, and growing safer continually. With hundreds of thousands of Teslas on the road and tens of millions of miles driven, there have only been what, three total incidents? And after investigation, they're generally found to be driver error:

February 2019 – NTSB confirms that driver in fatal 2018 accident in Mountain View was not paying attention and likely on his cell phone playing a game. In addition, the driver was aware that Autopilot, at the time, needed corrections at that spot. Tesla vehicles do not appear to have an issue...

In five years time, the self-driving feature on Tesla and several other manufacturers will be safer than even the best human drivers.

The greatest roadblock to Humanity being a Type-1 Civilization, is Humanity itself.

NEWFLASH:
If youre complaining about the cost, the you are NOT IN THE TARGET AUDIENCE FOR THIS. Pipe down, your jealousy is showing and you cannot fully mask it no matter what you say.

The greatest roadblock to Humanity being a Type-1 Civilization, is Humanity itself.
Well said and agreed. Just look at how many people hate Musk for no actually reasonable reason other than people they know dont like him either (and on and on). Humans would be fine never becoming a multiplanetary species while bitterly complaining about **** they have the power to change all their lives.

Just throw a big price tag on it and it will sell. That seems to be the new marketing strategy these celebs have.

I hope for their sakes we don't see stories of drunken Tequila filled Tesla drivers killing people...

Well, we have plenty of stories filled with Ford, Chevy, and Dodge doing it, so it would not be too unusual.

Back