Texan manufacturer turns working Glock into Nintendo's Duck Hunt gun

midian182

Staff member

Remember the NES Zapper, Nintendo’s electronic light gun it released in the mid-80s? A machine prototyping company in Odessa, Texas certainly does. It’s turned a Glock into a working replica of the peripheral used in the classic Duck Hunt game.

The weapon was revealed on the Facebook page of Precision Syndicate LLC. As you would expect, response to this ‘real-life Duck Hunt gun’ has been pretty mixed. While there are those enquiring where and when they can buy the modified Glock, others have criticized the danger it could pose to children due to it resembling a toy.

However, Syndicate LLC has assured people that this is a one-off custom build that will never be massed produced - though it’s pretty certain Nintendo wouldn’t have allowed this to happen.

"In light of the 'Nintendo Glock' drama, we feel that the media and our fans need to know that this firearm will not be mass produced nor will it ever be," Precision Syndicate said in a Facebook statement.

"This is a one-off custom build for a friend of ours. Due to the thousands of emails and messages we have received in the past two days we have been unable to contact everyone in a timely manner, please be patient we will get to you as soon as possible. Thank you all for your support! Oh, and please.. keep your guns locked up and away from children, it's common sense."

Syndicate LLC isn’t the only company to make a working version of Nintendo’s light gun. As pointed out by the Daily Dot, Miculek.com tested out a Glock 41-based version, which you can see in the video below. It also shows Mario putting a lame Yoshi out of his misery.

Last month it was reported that a Minnesota-based company plans to release a .380-caliber derringer later this year that looks just like a smartphone when folded up.

Permalink to story.

I fully support the 2nd amendment, but I question the wisdom of making these types of guns (incl. the smartphone gun). Kids will think this is a toy and police officers may see it and think so too...only to find out too late that it's not.

I fully support the 2nd amendment, but I question the wisdom of making these types of guns (incl. the smartphone gun). Kids will think this is a toy and police officers may see it and think so too...only to find out too late that it's not.

There is no kid at all that knows what duck hunt was :p

There is no kid at all that knows what duck hunt was :p

True, but for the adults who do, with this accessory, they get one shot..then game over. :)

As long as firearm common sense is followed then a kid won't have access to a gun no matter what it looks like.

Nintendo copyright lawsuit incoming? I'm sure they may object their brand being tied to a deadly weapon.

You really got to wonder about some of these guys .... as if the gun manufacturers don't have enough problems ...

Nintendo copyright lawsuit incoming? I'm sure they may object their brand being tied to a deadly weapon.

They will never know. Only one is being made, for a friend, probably collector of weapons. Nobody in their right mind would fire this collector piece. ever.

As long as firearm common sense is followed then a kid won't have access to a gun no matter what it looks like.

Very true, until the one time you slip up.

Ok go slip up and leave your unlocked phone at a bus, or laptop without password, how about you send an email with your banking account pass to all your contacts? Or leave your credit cards in the open...

There are some things you don't slip up on. Guns is one of them.

Am I the only one who read the title of the article and was hoping more for a glock turned into a lightgun? I mean the paint job is good on this thing too but... ha ha ha.

Ok go slip up and leave your unlocked phone at a bus, or laptop without password, how about you send an email with your banking account pass to all your contacts? Or leave your credit cards in the open...

There are some things you don't slip up on. Guns is one of them.

Nobody's perfect bud, everybody slips up from time to time...or are you the only perfect person on the planet?

That being the case it doesn't matter what kind of whatever you have, bud. Your logic is flawed that's all I'm saying.

Back